HOME, BUILDING and APARTMENT INSPECTION PROCEDURE
Standards (outline and list of limitations)
• Residential inspection standard:
• Standard applies to home and building inspection and to apartment interior inspection.
• Commercial inspection is a property condition assessment.
• A walk-through visual survey in order to identify conspicuous defects and deferred maintenance items.
Included as Part of a Residential Home Inspection
• Wood Destroying Insect (Termite) Inspection:
• Licensed by NYS DEC to perform limited visual inspection.
• Results reported in Inspection Report and on industry standard NPMA-33 form.
• Septic System Loading Test (Septic Dye Test): A basic system functional test.
• Inspection time 3 hours typical for 1 family, 2,000 square feet.
• Client reviews and signs the Pre-Inspection Agreement and actively participates with the inspector.
• Inspector identifies deficiencies, effect on performance and prioritizes the need for repair / replacement.
• Client concerns and questions are addressed as well as explaining the operation of major components.
• At completion, Inspector reviews major deficiencies and provides verbal cost esitmates for these items.